Epsilon Digital Pack – Canadian Edition
Lifetime access to Epsilon streaming instruction videos and online Instruction Manual, lesson and test solutions, and other online resources from any browser. You’ll also have access to the Math-U-See Digital Manipulatives. Digital Access information will be sent in a separate email once the order has been processed. Note: Digital Packs do not include Student Workbook or Tests.
Fractions and other topics.
Now that students have learned basic operations with whole numbers, Epsilon covers these same operations with fractions. Fractions are presented in an intuitive way with visual explanations of equivalent fractions, common denominators, and fractions and numbers larger than 1. Fractions and operations are illustrated using our proprietary Fraction Overlay manipulatives.
Major Concepts and Skills Include:
- Recognizing and generating equivalent fractions
- Understanding addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of fractions and mixed numbers
- Fluently adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing fractions and mixed numbers
Additional Concepts and Skills:
- Using multiple strategies to recognize common factors
- Understanding grouping symbols and their effect on order of operations
- Interpreting and solving word problems
- Comparing, and converting decimal fractions
- Finding the area and circumference of circles
- Classifying quadrilaterals
- Representing fractions and fractional measurements on line plots and number lines
- Using coordinates to represent ordered relationships