Learn to Write the Novel Way
Learn to Write the Novel Way walks the student through a step-by-step process as they write their first novel. Imagine your child writing a novel, a good novel, a novel that has appeal, a novel that is publishable. This is far more motivating than writing a series of papers, which are later tucked in a file or thrown in the trash. Learn to Write the Novel Way inspires students.
Learn to Write the Novel Way uses the complete process of writing in a way that motivates students to want to write. It is designed for students grades 5-12 and incorporates:
- A step-by-step process to writing an entire novel.
- A full year’s English composition curriculum with weekly lesson plans
- Grammar skills learned within the context of writing a novel
- Teamwork between the student and the teacher/coach
- Teaches all language arts skills in one writing project.
- Is multi-level (review for more advanced students and is introductory for the less proficient in writing skills)
- Reveals the gaps in a student’s writing ability and provides specific practices for areas of weakness
- Motivates students to want to write and write correctly
- Encourages independent work by “nuggetizing” the task into a thirteen-step process
- Is easy to use for the “coach” (teacher/parent) with clear lesson plans
- Can be used with a group
- An actual novel as the finished product.
What objectives are taught in Learn to Write the Novel Way?
Grammar and Spelling Objectives:
Steps contained in Learn to Write the Novel Way (Each step is a section of the book containing exercises and activities):
Step 1: Come up with a story
Each Step has 3 sections:
The Learn section is for you, as coach, to do WITH your student.
The Practice section is for the student to do independently, as reinforcement, of what they learned.
The Apply section is for them to apply what they have learned to their own novel.