Beta Digital Pack
Lifetime access to Beta streaming instruction videos and online Instruction Manual, lesson and test solutions, Skip Count Songs MP3s and Songbook PDFs, and other online resources from any browser. You’ll also have access to the Math-U-See Digital Manipulatives. Digital Access information will be sent in a separate email once the order has been processed. Note: Digital Packs do not include Student Workbook or Tests.
Addition & subtraction for multiple-digit numbers and other topics.
Beta builds on the foundation in Alpha by applying students’ mastery of single-digit addition and subtraction to multiple-digit addition and subtraction. One of the stepping stones between these two levels is the concept of place value, which is an important milestone for truly grasping any multiple-digit operation.
Major Concepts and Skills Include:
- Understanding place value and using it to add or subtract
- Fluently adding any combination of whole numbers
- Solving for an unknown addend
- Fluently subtracting any combination of whole numbers
- Solving abstract and real-world problems involving addition and subtraction
Additional Concepts and Skills:
- Telling and writing time by hours and minutes
- Understanding, adding, and subtracting U.S. currency
- Measuring and estimating length with inches, feet, centimeters, and meters
- Comparing numbers and lengths
- Expressing differences between numbers as inequalities
- Finding the perimeter of any polygon
- Representing and interpreting data in plots and graphs