AIM – Accelerated Individualized Mastery Products
Includes everything you need to complete the AIM for Addition and Subtraction program:
- AIM Resource Guide with program overview, lesson instruction, and more
- Math-U-See Integer Blocks, integrated within the lessons and strategies
- Math-U-See Colored Pencils, aligned with the integer block colors
- Math Fact Strategy Posters, a visual reminder of addition fact strategies
- Fact Check Cards, used in most AIM lessons for planning instruction and assessing mastery
- Set includes code to redeem 12-months access to the AIM for Addition and Subtraction Digital Pack.
The Accelerated Individualized Mastery (AIM) for Multiplication with a Bridge to Division program combines the successful Math-U-See instructional approach with distinctive manipulatives to help students increase their proficiency with basic multiplication math fact mastery.
Lessons teach fundamental strategies to emphasize conceptual understanding instead of traditional math fact drills and rote memorization. AIM for multiplication also includes an optional section that highlights the relationship between multiplication and division facts.
The AIM for Multiplication program strives to be sensitive to the students age by providing language and support activities and resources more appropriate to the older student. AIM for Multiplication is not intended as a first experience with multiplication.
Note: This program is designed for students aged 10 and older who have not yet mastered their multiplication facts. Younger students may find some of the strategies difficult to complete.
AIM – Accelerated Individualized Mastery
Created for students who:
- Have completed addition and subtraction fact coursework without mastery
- Use tally marks or count on their fingers
- Are struggling as they face increasingly advanced math concepts
- Need more efficient strategies to increase fact fluency
AIM for Addition and Subtraction:
- Focuses exclusively on single-digit addition and subtraction fact mastery
- Uses proven strategies and manipulatives from the Math-U-See Curriculum
- Incorporates language and activities that are updated for more mature students
- Is free of distractions and additional topics beyond fundamental facts
- Can be completed at the student’s pace, generally six to eight weeks
- Provides tools to ensure mastery has been achieved and can be maintained