Beta Instruction Pack – Canadian Edition
The Beta Instruction Pack contains the Instruction Manual with lesson-by-lesson instructions and full solutions, and the DVD with lesson-by-lesson video instruction.
Addition & subtraction for multiple-digit numbers and other topics.
Beta builds on the foundation in Alpha by applying students’ mastery of single-digit addition and subtraction to multiple-digit addition and subtraction. One of the stepping stones between these two levels is the concept of place value, which is an important milestone for truly grasping any multiple-digit operation.
Major Concepts and Skills Include:
- Understanding place value and using it to add or subtract
- Fluently adding any combination of whole numbers
- Solving for an unknown addend
- Fluently subtracting any combination of whole numbers
- Solving abstract and real-world problems involving addition and subtraction
Additional Concepts and Skills:
- Telling and writing time by hours and minutes
- Understanding, adding, and subtracting Canadian currency
- Measuring and estimating length with inches, feet, centimeters, and meters
- Comparing numbers and lengths
- Expressing differences between numbers as inequalities
- Finding the perimeter of any polygon
- Representing and interpreting data in plots and graphs